UEFA Champions League is the most prestigious club tournament in the world. Lifting the Champions League trophy remains the ultimate dream for clubs across Europe. Clubs spend loads of money to build their squad to win Europe’s most famous tournament. However, just qualifying for Champions League is seen as the most successful achievement for many clubs.
Already 26 teams booked their place for the 2022-23 Champions League, the remaining 6 teams will join these teams after passing the qualifying process.
Who Qualifies For The 2022-23 UEFA Champions League Group Stage?
- The 2021-22 Europa League winners
- The league champions of the 11 highest association ranking nations (excluding Russia).
- The league runners-up from the 6 highest association ranking nations.
- The third-placed teams from the 4 highest association ranking nations.
- The fourth-placed teams from the 4 highest association ranking nations.
- 4 teams from the Champions Path and 2 teams from the League Path – Qualification Process
Read More: A Miraculous Journey – Real Madrid
2022-23 Champions League group stage teams
Group stage draw pots
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4|
|Real Madrid||Liverpool||Borussia Dortmund||Club Brugge|
|Eintracht Frankfurt||Chelsea||Shakhtar Donetsk||Celtic|
|Manchester City||Barcelona||Inter Milan|
|Bayern Munich||Athletico Madrid||Sporting CP|
|PSG||Sevilla||Bayer 04 Leverkusen|
|FC Porto||RB Leipzig|
When will the Champions League 2022-23 start?
The 2022-23 UEFA Champions League will kick off with the preliminary qualifying round semifinals on June 21
Matchday One in the group stage will kick off on September 6 and 7, with matches held on a weekly basis through to November 2.
2022-23 Champions League Schedule
- Matchday 1: 6-7 September 2022
- Matchday 2: 13-14 September 2022
- Matchday 3: 4-5 October 2022
- Matchday 4: 11-12 October 2022
- Matchday 5: 25-26 October 2022
- Matchday 6: 1-2 November 2022
Knock Out Stage
- Round of Sixteen: 14-15, 21-22 Feb (1st Leg), 7-8, 14-15 (2nd Leg)
- Quarter Final: 11-12 April (1st Leg ) & 18-19 April (2nd Leg )
- Semi-Final: 9-10 May (Leg 1), & 16-17 May (Leg 2)
- Final: June 10, 2023
When is the 2022-23 Champions League Group Stage Draw?
The draw for the group stage is due to be held on August 25, a day after the play-off matches. The draw will take place in Istanbul, Turkey, and will start at 6 PM CEST.
Where will the Champions League 2022-23 final be held?
The 2022-23 UEFA Champions League final will be played at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey on June 30, 2023, which seats nearly 77,000.
Istanbul was initially selected to host 2020 final, but this was moved to Lisbon due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consequently, 2021 final was due to take place in Istanbul, only for this also to be relocated – to Porto – to allow fans of each team to attend.